MasterCard Kwame Nkrumah University Of Science & Technology (KNUST) 2023-2024 Undergraduate Scholarships For African Students
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST provides academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Ghana and Africa with access to quality and relevant university education.
It embodies an array of mentoring and cultural transition services to ensure student academic success, community engagement and transition to employment opportunities which will further social and economic change for Africa.
The Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. All people, no matter where their starting point in life, should have an equal chance to succeed. We believe that with access to education, financial services, and skills training, people can have that chance. Our focus is helping economically disadvantaged young people in Africa to find opportunities to move themselves, their families, and their communities out of poverty to a better life.
Mastercard Foundation/KNUST Undergraduate Scholarship
Organisation: Mastercard Foundation
Country to study:Ghana
School to study :KNUST (Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology)
Course to study: Not specified
State of Origin
Gender:Men and Women
Application Deadline: July 31, 2023
Aim and Benefits of Mastercard Foundation/KNUST Undergraduate Scholarship
The Scholarship includes;
- Comprehensive financial support (full tuition, fully paid on-campus accommodation, learning materials, transportation and monthly stipend).
- Regular group meetings with other scholars that focus on personal and professional development opportunities and activities tailored to build societal relationships and scholars’ capacity.
- Continued academic support through academic mentoring, virtual learning, life and career coaching, and tutoring.
- Opportunities to participate in leadership congresses, community services and mentoring (Go-back Give- Back), and uniquely sourced internships.
- An academic environment where faculty and students engage with global issues.
- The prestige of becoming part of the growing family of the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Alumni and the Global Scholars Community.
- The opportunity to be enrolled on an accelerated Master’s Degree after undergraduate studies with an MCF Partner institution in the USA.
Requirements for Mastercard Foundation/KNUST Undergraduate Scholarship Qualification
MasterCard Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology (KNUST) Scholarships for the 2022/2023 Academic year:
- All Applicants must have a WASSCE or GBCE or ABCE or GCE O’Level and A’Level or their equivalent Results from an accredited/recognized institution and Certificate Ready and must meet KNUST’s Admission Requirements. NO AWAITING RESULTS candidate will be accepted. Applicant’s result must be at least a year old.
- The Applicant must demonstrate that he/she has Critical Economic Needs.
- The Applicant must have Proven Records of Leadership and Community Engagement(s).
- Priority shall be given to;
- Displaced Persons (Certified Refugees, Internally Displaced Persons, etc.)
- Persons with Disability
- The Applicant must be prepared to Go-Back and Give-Back to his or her Community.
- The Applicant must not be enrolled in any tertiary institution.
July 31, 2023
How to Apply
Download a copy of the 2023/2024 application form here
- Submit the completed application form THROUGH EMS or any other courier mail to:The Program Manager
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST Secretariat
No 1 Africa Hall Impact Building
AK 315 4897
International Applicants Should Note
When submitting your scholarship application form to the Secretariat, submit these additional documents;
- The printout of your application for admission at KNUST.
- Original Certificates for both O’Level and A’Level results or their equivalent results.
Award of the Scholarship will be published on the Program’s website
For more details, visit MCF website