The Victoria Tongarewa Scholarship is a prominent scholarship program provided by Victoria University of Wellington, one of New Zealand’s best universities. The intended recipients of this grant are international students who demonstrate extraordinary academic excellence, leadership potential, and a commitment to positively impacting their fields of study and communities.
The Victoria Tongarewa Scholarship’s main objective is to bring in outstanding students from all over the world and give them an opportunity to follow their goal of studying in New Zealand.
You must read the whole article below to learn more specific details about the Victoria Tongarewa Scholarship in New Zealand.
Details About Victoria Tongarewa Scholarship 2023
- Host Country: New Zealand
- Host University: Victoria University of Wellington Te Herenga Waka
- Degree level: Bachelors degrees, Masters by Research degrees, or Master by Coursework degrees in any subject
- Financial value: Partially Funded
- The course starts 2023/24
- Deadline: 1 June/1 Sep/30 Nov 2023
- Politecnico Di Milano Scholarships 2023-2024 in Italy
- Colombia Government Scholarship 2023-2024 | Fully Funded
- Dalian University CSC Scholarship 2023-2024 in China
Number of Scholarships
- For Bachelor and Masters degrees programs: 10 scholarships are available
- For only Masters degree program: 9 scholarships are available
Available Fields and Majors
- Architecture Studies
- Law with honors
- Biomedical Science
- Building Science
- Design Innovation
- Education (Teaching) Early Childhood
- Engineering with Honors
- Musical Art
- Nursing Science
- Political Science
- Strategic Studies
- Tourism management
- Biomedical Science
- Architecture Science (Research)
- Design Innovation
- Development Studies
- Engineering by thesis
- Environmental Studies
- Geographic Information Science
- Health Psychology
- Health Research
- Interior Architecture
- International Relation
- Landscape Architecture
- Law by dissertation
- Migration Studies
- Museum and Heritage practices
This scholarship is partially funded and it will help with your tuition costs for one academic year.
- For undergraduate and postgraduate students: For the candidates of both undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs 10 scholarships are available with the value of NZ $10,000.
- For Postgraduate Students: For the candidates of the postgraduate degree program 9 scholarships are available with the value of NZ $5000.
If a housing application is submitted to the Accommodation Service by the deadline, recipients of the Scholarship will be guaranteed an offer of a spot in the Halls of Residence.
Eligibility Criteria for Victoria Tongarewa Scholarship
- To be eligible for this scholarship, you must be an international student who has paid their full tuition
- To be eligible for this scholarship, either begin their first year of an undergraduate or graduate degree.
Applicants are not eligible for this scholarship if:
- If the secondary education of the candidates is completed at a New Zealand school.
- If the candidates completed the Foundation Studies Programme or English for Academic Purposes (EAP).
- If candidates are enrolled at one of our international partner universities as a Twinning or Study Abroad student.
- If the candidates are enrolled in Victoria University of Wellington’s same degree program in their second year of study.
- Personal Statement (500 words)
- Previous educational transcripts
- Previous qualification document
- National Identity Card
- English Language Certificate
The last date to apply for the Victoria Tongarewa Scholarship in New Zealand for the academic year of 2023 is:
- For Trimester 2 of a Tongarewa Scholarship 2023 by 1 June. (Apply online)
- For Trimester 3 of a Tongarewa Scholarship 2023 by 1 September. (Apply online)
- For Trimester 1 (2024) of a Tongarewa Scholarship 2023 by 30 November.
Normally, the application will be open 1 month before the deadline.
Application procedure for Victoria Tongarewa Scholarship 2023
The application process is online for the Victoria Tongarewa Scholarship in New Zealand. Before applying for the scholarship, you must follow all the eligibility requirements. You must completely fill out the application form and submit it before the last date. If you submit late or incomplete applications, then your application will not be accepted.